Stirfry Bok Choy and Mushroom Recipe
As much as I love cooking, I don’t like the tasks associated with it such as a) preparation – cutting, peeling, etc b) staying very long in the kitchen and c) cleaning the mess afterwards. That’s why I’m always on the look-out for simple, easy and quick dishes that requires minimal effort and won’t slave me in the kitchen.
I consult my ever reliable friend, Google, and it said this variety is called tea tree mushroom. Does it grow on tea trees? I have no idea. Please enlighten me if you’re familiar.
On the same shelf, I saw these fresh bok choy or pak choy. I wonder why they were cheap? Or is this really their regular price? I have no idea again.
Using the bok choy and mushrooms, I made this easy peasy dinner. Budget friendly, easy to cook and delicious meal. Perfect!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
Here is the recipe.
8 heads of bok choy (you can reduce it depends on your family size)
1 pack of mushroom (any variety)
1/4 cup soysauce
2 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 tablespoon sugar
4 pinch of salt
2 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoon water
1/2 bulb of garlic (around 5-6 cloves), minced
1 small onion, chopped
2 tablespoon olive oil
Easy peasy recipe
1. Cut bok choy into two. You can discard the bottom part if you like.
2. Bring one pot of water to a boil and put some salt and oil. Cook bok choy for around 2-3 minutes. Do not overcook as you will still stir-fry it later.
3. Mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
4. Put the cornstarch and water into the soy sauce and oyster sauce mixture until the starch is dissolved.
5. Heat olive oil in the pan. Put garlic and onion and stir until lightly brown.
6. Put the mushroom in the pan and stir for around 1 minute. Put the soy sauce and oyster sauce mixture.
7. Once the sauce thickens, place the bok choy and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Put some love and serve with a smile!